Practical beauty New Year resolutions
New Year is the perfect time to reassess, say goodbye to the old and hello to the new, and it’s also the ideal time to freshen up your beauty routine. With a few easy to follow steps you’ll not only look and feel better, you’ll have a little more time to get things done. Let’s check out how you can implement these tips into your 2018 beauty regime.
- Start with a sort
The New Year is an ideal time to de-clutter and get everything in order, and that includes your beauty kit. Follow these simple steps and you’ll soon have things organised:
- Gather everything together: makeup, skin care, hair products, tools and accessories.
- Go through the pile and systematically remove any damaged, tarnished or out of date items.
- Create category piles so that everything is in its place e.g. your mascara, eyeliner and shadow in an eye makeup pile.
- Use boxes, pots and other containers to store items in their categories so that they’re looked after and easier to find.
- Do a beauty clean
This is a great opportunity to start afresh, have a good clean up and get things sorted out, so what better time to refresh your beauty tools? You’ve already got rid of damaged tools and sorted them into categories, so now you can focus on each one and give them a thorough clean.
Beauty tools tend to hold on to dirt, skin and hair, and therefore they can cling on to bacteria too, which makes cleaning them very important. Work through each tool in turn, scrubbing gently to eliminate marks and loosen grime, and unpick your brushes and combs to get rid of all the old hair. If you’d like to find out how to clean a hairbrush you’ll find more tips here.
- Invest in your beauty
This can be broken into two components: money and time.
- Money. Now that you know exactly what you have and what you need you can set aside some money to invest in quality new tools and products. Take time to figure out exactly what you do need and do some research to find out about the best products for your skin and hair types. Do that now and you’ll be able to keep your hair and skin healthy and vibrant throughout the year.
- Time. Life is hectic and it’s easy to let your beauty regime fall away. However, you deserve to pamper yourself and look after yourself. Creating a proper routine is a big part of that. Figure out how long you’d like to spend on your regime and set aside some time in the morning and evening to do just that.
From replacing old products and knowing how to clean a hairbrush properly to setting time aside for your beauty regime, these practical tips can help you to make a beautiful start to the New Year.